Thursday, June 27, 2013

drink from His cup, the one that overflows.

Photo credit: Ashley DeVrieze
 
This morning as you take your coffee mug or nalgeen bottle to fill, I hope you can fill your cup with:
 
gratitude
 
hope
 
encouragement
 
the word of God
 
endurance 
 
&
 
possibilities.
 
 
I hope you can see the goodness of the Lord.  I hope you can find your needed rest, your silent but deep sighs.  I hope you can feel His kindness and great love with each sip you take today.  You were made for this day.  Rejoice in it.  Taste in it and see the glory of the Lord.
 
"I pray that God, the source of all hope, will infuse your lives with an abundance of joy and peace in the midst of your faith so that your hope will overflow through the power of the Holy Spirit."  - Romans 15:13
 
What are you filling up your cup with this morning?
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! You are on a roll! First of all -> of the one-size-fits-all dreams. of her wild, hard, sometimes no-words-for-this type of prayers. of the heart aches life can bring. of the deep joy no one can steal. of the small things that bring perspective. of life. of hope. of things to believe in again. <- I LOVE THAT!

Second of all...I filled my cup up with some water & lemon, and the book of Ecclesiastes :)

God is so good :)